Monday, September 04, 2006

Who's your DADDY! 6 months!

Well......this weeks adventures took the Swiss Family List off to Napier for the wedding of Bevan and Odele. I played daddy day care (and watched the movie of same name - BIG mistake, it was totally crap) while the lassies (Libby, Granny Ro, and Aunties Emz and Kate) went off and had a bit of a knees up.

Twas a fine fine weekend in Napier though, even saw us getting down to the beach, although the sun hid at the sight of my pasty white flesh so I did not quite make it into the surf. Was Frank lad's half year on Saturday - man time has flown. He is soooooo damn advanced in that time though it amazes me.

Was also my first fathers day on Sunday, a concept invented in order to support the foul capitalist consumer system which props up the conveyor belt of chinese sweatshop straight to the landfill via the evil incarnate that is the Warehouse. Luckily, my lad has yet to be indoctrinated into this twisted system and instead I got some swimming lessons from him - thoughful lad. I think my Dad was feeling a bit insulted at this, that his years of pushing me into the deep end had failed to teach his son to swim until I pointed out that these were in fact lessons for Frank, with me taking a supporting role.

Anyway, some snaps.

Ma n Pa List hanging at the beach with Frank - intent of stuffing sand into his mouth...

Sumo

Frank's first go on a swing - loved it!

Frank and his Ma - all glammed up for the wedding - Frank was more into checking out the tree above however...

Now I know these are not of Frank - but what amazing flowers eh!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How can you have had a Father's Day already? I haven't had one of those yet. Seems like a bit of a scam to me...

Also - and I hate to be the one to bring this up - but fatherhood seems to have mellowed you a bit. I mean, not swimming just because there was no sun? Really?

What happened to the bloke who would bath in streams flowing with fresh snow run-off? Where's the bloke who was diving (yes, diving) into the pool at Bill's while the frost still lay on the ground? (I emphasize diving as, admittedly, the pool was only about two foot deep. Still…).

Tch, it's sad to see the ravages of age and responsibility catching up so quickly...

3:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Ma and Pa List jnr and Frank jnr too! Great photo of the family - it is now our screen saver. Libby you look stunning ready for the wedding - we are really glad you all had a great weekend in Napier. Really hard to believe F A List is 1/2 a year old!

Lots of love

10:08 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Apologies for posting this here - but I realise I don't have your email.

Plans for trip to NZ are:

Depart UK - Monday 2nd October

Fly to Sydney - expected ETA 4th October and into NZ same day. As we are on stand-by this is obviously very veriable and we may decide to stop over for a day in either Singapore or Sydney if we feel the trip is too hard on the kids (or us!). However arrival NZ should be no later than Friday 6th October.

On arrival - travel direct to Tauranga

Stay with Mum

Depart Tauranga for Whangarei - 19th/20th October.

Arrive Whangarei - 19th/20th

Stay in motel at One Tree Point / Grandad's

Depart NZ - Monday 6th November

Arrive back in UK - God only knows.

There's no way we're going to be able to make it to Wellington so I hope you guys can travel up to Tauranga or Whangarei (we'll actually be at Ruakaka).

Drop me a line

Cheers
Trev.

2:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home