Sunday, January 03, 2010

its getting there...

More on the man cave for those bloke(s) out there - (maybe 'bloke' or maybe 'blokes' - not too sure how many read this really...funny word though isn't it when you say it out loud a few times - 'bloke bloke blokes' - very blokey word really which I suppose is appropriate after all. Anyway...).

Being Blokes - meself, Pa and Muzz decided to warp up the shed - it being Xmas and all.

It looked real pretty too, until some wind ripped half of the roofing paper off. I guess that happens at Xmas - espcially in Wellington where we have had some ridiculously windy weather...Not much fun clabbering around trying to stick it back down again in the rain though.
Still, the wind did not slow us in our hunt for the non-existant storm water main...or making a huge hole to connect up the sewer main.

Which turned the back yard into the Mt Vic version of the Somme...
Last couple of days have been highly productive with Pappy and Dougal slapping up the roof and half the cladding (the easy sides) and... Putting on the veranda framing and the WINDOWS!!!
So starting to look like a Real Shed now.
In the mean time Libby, Frank and Arf are being entertained by each other, the Grandies (yay for Grandies!) and of course cute man Tiger.
Tiger is now banned from our room at night after his mid-night missions to attack feet, wrestle the pot plant, do monster smelly poos (in his dirt box - which I add is not in our room, but we can still smell it and he then spends the next 5 minutes stratching around in the stones) and sleep on pillows / faces.
He is very cute though.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Granny Ro said...

Great work, you blokes - especially considering the wild weather!

12:31 pm  
Anonymous G' Marg said...

I understand that bloke is from the celtic 'ploc' meaning a large stubborn man- need I say more? However despite this both blokes seem to be getting along just fine -or so I am told!

10:40 pm  
Blogger Corb said...

02If you can get the sawdust pellet type of cat litter it's only noisy when you first put it in the tray, because it breaks down as it absorbs liquid. Which is what I use - and mine prefer it if I start the softening process for them with a cup of water. Whatever you use spills out anyway but this is probably easier on vacuum cleaners than the gravel - and I think you can put this sort into a compost heap.

6:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good List clan very cool can't wait to come and check it out soon Happy New Year to you all
Wild weather, none here yet anyway
Love Roses

5:38 pm  
Blogger annabunty said...

Seriously, your "shed" looks bigger than my house!! I guess that is what I get for living in England!

9:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home